Mittwoch, 20. April 2011

training week-end - day 2

On Sunday morning it was time for my first Score-O since ... puh, I don't know, must have been in the last century I guess.
Some controls were known from yesterdays afternoon session, so it was nice to have no paths on the map. My goal was to do only 60min, but as much controls as possible.

I did a mid-speed training and could keep concentration high until the third last control, where I was running 60° in the wrong direction. When passing the marsh I thought I am somewhere in between the two small ponds. When reaching the open area, I didn't want to go back through the muddy terrain, so I was running around the clearing. And another 60° mistake to the last one.


After a short break we went to the Czech Republic for a small competition. I had an almost disastrous, no, cancel the word "almost", it was definitely a disastrous start. At control no. 2 I was 11th fastest overall, at no. 6 still only 6th fastest overall. But then it started to be much fun and I could gain place after place. At 12th control I was for the first time on the podium with a 3rd spot and at no. 22 I got the lead - and could hold it until the finish. Close behind came Much on 2nd place and Bränsch with 3min sth. on 3rd spot - a triple for our club :-)






Keine Kommentare: