Dienstag, 18. Mai 2010

looong week-end


It looks a bit strange to put the maps on the beginning, but as soon as I transfer the maps to another part, the size is much too small to see anything on them... sorry for that.

Last week-end was a long one as I had holiday on Friday (no working day on Thursday in Austria)! 4 days off - sounds incredible, doesn't it? :-)

I took part at the "Kirchdorfer Stadtlauf"; my first street race since more than a year. And it was great fun, although it was raining heavily. I tried to find the right speed on the 6.840m long course (6 laps à 1.140m with approx. 10m climbing/lap). I had lap times from 3:41 to 3:52, so the speed was quite stable. I finished 3rd, some 20sec down on the first one and just 3sec behind the second, but there was no chance to overtake him... In the end it was 3:20/km. Concerning the climbing and the heavy rain I am very satisfied with this first step back into street racing.

After a little longer "relaxing jogging" (75mins with 14.8 and 310) on Friday, I still had heavy legs on Saturday when the 3rd Austrian Cup was to be held in Carinthia. It was again a long distance event (for the Austrian Cup we have 4 times long distance (approx. 90mins), only 1 sprint and 1 middle distance in the whole spring season).

I started quite careful, using paths wherever possible. Carinthia and me is like a love-hate-relationship. I did a bigger mistake at no. 3 and again at 11, making the same mistake twice (running into the wrong re-entrant...), rest of the course was ok.

I became 6th with 95.51, about 10mins down to Gernot.


On Sunday it was time for the Austrian Team Champs. I ran together with Stephan and Markus. On the start you get 3 maps and one SI-Card, 46 controls free order, despite the 5 ones with letters from A-E, which have to be done in alphabetical order. I did 2 middle mistakes (each 30sec at 66 and from 77) and one BIG mistake (4 mins!!! at 85).

After analyzing the race I have to say that the second place was possible, as we were "just" 6mins down. We became 5th in the end. Without my mistakes we would have been together with the winning team for a longer time. And as the second part was quite obvious how to take the right order, we really could have done the medal... but there is no "could" in real life :-(

Thanks to my two team mates who did really good jobs; this time it was my personal failure!

4 Kommentare:

plohni hat gesagt…

die karten sind ein bisschen klein um was zu erkennen :)

Anonym hat gesagt…

Warum fährst du nicht auf die EM? So viel Training und so gute Resultate
Lg Kermit

Anonym hat gesagt…

hi Pierre,

es gibt im Frühjahr auch einen Mitteldistanz AC (in Tirol).

lg

Lolli

Pierre Kaltenbacher hat gesagt…

@plohni: danke für den Hinweis.

@Lolli: schon korrigiert - komplett verdrängt dass wir im Juli ja heuer 2 AC haben :-)
aber viel besser wirds dadurch auch nicht... 4 x long zu je 1 x sprint und middle...

@Kermit: danke für das Lob. Aber nachdem ich nicht mehr im Nationalkader bin und mich auch nicht für die Selektionen "angemeldet" habe, komme ich auch gar nicht in Frage. Die Quali wäre zwar vom Sportlichen gesehen kein Problem gewesen (EM-Starter: Gernot 200, Markus 194.76, Bindi 192.77, Warti 192.15, Chris 183.18, Tobi 180.17; zum Vergleich meine Punkte: 189.96), aber meine internationale Zeit ist vorbei! Und wenn ich schon auf Gernot 10% verliere, bin ich international wohl gute 15% zurück... zuviel für einen alten Mann ;-)