Montag, 10. Mai 2010

week-end full of orienteering

This week-end was not only full with orienteering, it was also something like a historical trip and in the middle quite successful. But let's start at the beginning with...

...the "Vielposten"-OL (many controls) on Friday evening. As there was a lot of traffic on the highway I started the training as late as half past six, without a compass and with normal running shoes (it was raining heavily the hours before :-). I enjoyed to run through the silent forest, although I had some minor problems with direction and grip.

This was the first training of the National Team which stayed at the Bad Fischau area the whole week-end. I tried to take part wherever I could and got therefor something like "the goog old times" back.

many-controls


On the next morning, I did only the first middle distance competition, as I didn't want to be completely exhausted in the afternoon. Concerning my huge mistake to the first control, it was a wise decision :-). But the speed was good...

middle distance

In the afternoon we had regional sprint championships. As I was beaten last year by 34sec it was time for revenge. But I had really tired legs, espacially at the first controls and on the short but hard ramps or stairs. But I could stay focussed all the way, or almost the whole way, and enjoyed this event. It was exactly what I expect from sprint - lots of controls, many (and tricky) route choices, high speed, under 15mins winning time. So I was 1min33 faster than the second in my region, respectively 29sec faster than Erik, winner at the Viennese Champs.

1: easy way
2: maybe it's faster to go south (I had to open one door on the northern route, 2-3sec gone)
3: north and south are almost equal, I could make a proper execution of my route
4: it would be faster to go left-right concerning the buildings, 2sec
5: the fastest (and easiest) way. Others had troubles going around south
6: taking the right stairs and everything is ok. It is NOT. I was running too far and did not take the route close to the building, so 3+3sec
7-9: fast running, short legs
10: fastest would be running south on the big street. I had to take many stairs close to the buildings; northern route is easy but longer
11: route is faster then coming from northeast
12: hedge!
13: probably a matter of taste
14: same here. If you can jump over the stairs on my route, I think it is equal to running in the yellow left from the line. If not, the yellow is faster.
15-19: again shorter legs, looking for gangways, reading the control description
20: when running down along the fence I was thinking of taking the shortest way through the 2 buildings, but then I thought "just push hard and don't think too much" and took the route around. Missed the control (didn't see the flag) 2sec, route: maybe 3sec more.
21-finish: short legs, playing kids, everything under control



Right after the price-giving I headed south to do the afternoon-session of the squad. It got quite dark, I had tired legs, so I decided not to run the whole course; did only the corridor and the final part of the contours.

On sunday morning (after a short night :-) it was the final part of the camp with a one-man-relay. I had a good start until control 6, where I was standing on the wrong gaffling without realizing which small depression the flag is situated. Together with no.7 I lost maybe 30sec. Nothing compared to my "mistake-of-the-week-end" at no.9! I don't know what I was thinking there (maybe nothing?), but I was so slow in recalling routines that I lost 4min there. The 30sec to the next one are almost negligible...

On the second loop I had serious troubles from 3-6, losing again 3min at minimum. To the 12th control I mixed up the detailed area from the first loop with this one and was running "just like the first loop" - until I realized that these two are two different detailed areas :-)

Thank goodness, the last loop was only 1k - I was tired (not only physically) but still with very fast legs for sprint ;-)

After this interesting week-end I am happy to get back to business - no worry about the "good old times" as I could not handle more than one week-end of this time anymore :-)

Keine Kommentare: